Saturday, July 26, 2014


As this scary world of college is quickly approaching, my heart is excited and yet terrified.  Excited for the opportunity and blessing it is to get an education and to begin to be independent. Terrified of the unknown and of leaving the only town, family, friends, and church Ive ever known.

But you know what? Im okay.

No matter how big and unrealistic my dreams seem to me right now, I am 100% trusting that God will put me where He wants me. If He doesn't want me to go to UCLA, then so be it, I won't. If he wants me to be a missionary, then Lord give me the courage to go.

But through all of this, my hope is that my faith and trust will not waver, because I know that He is walking me through all this. Even when I break down in the middle of writing my personal statements with trembling hands, I know that He is taking care of me and giving me the strength to continue. Even when Ive taken the ACT three times and still haven't gotten the score that I need, He's there; softly and gently, reminding me to let go of the path I have planned for my life and to start letting him guide me in His direction.

So thank you Lord.

Thank you for reminding me that it's all gonna be okay.


No comments: