Sunday, July 13, 2014

Resting in His Joy


These past couple of weeks have been some of the most memorable weeks of my life, good and bad. From heartache, to laughter beyond measure, the Lord is slowly opening my heart to living a life full of abandonment.

Through everything, He has given me this inexpressible joy.

A joy that makes me want to sing at the top of my lungs when any song is played on the radio.

A joy that makes me want to dance in the waves of the ocean with my friends on a sunny day.

And a joy that pushes me to live life to the fullest no matter what the circumstances are.

Never have I wanted to pursue the life the Lord has for me more than this summer. Yeah, I'm still making stupid mistakes (ask my parents) but something in me is taking root. Something is pushing and prodding me into becoming a girl who is passionate about her Savior and who wants to tell everyone about His immense, powerful love.

So here I sit, typing on my bedroom floor, barely being able to contain a smile, because I know that I am resting in a joy that far outweighs them all.

And knowing that, ladies and gentlemen makes all the difference.

No comments: